- Award amounts $25,000 - $75,000
- Project focus areas:
- Infrastructure improvements supporting increased production, distribution; and/or distribution of a commodity or value-added product(s), thus benefiting the applicant and additional enterprises;
- Infrastructure improvements that support increased production, processing,
- Leveraging supply chain partnerships; to reach new or larger markets, e.g. via product aggregation, co- branding, vertical or horizontal efficiencies, etc.
- Research and design for operations and/or product development (e.g., e-commerce, home delivery, curbside pick-up, blockchain technologies).
- All enterprises must be based in Vermont and registered with the Secretary of State
- All organizational structures are eligible:
- Sole proprietorships
- Limited Liability Corporations
- Non-profits involved in the support of production of agriculture and/or forest products
- Applicants must be in compliance with all state regulations (i.e. water quality, taxes) and in good standing with the State of Vermont
- Previous recipients of Working Lands Business Grants under $20,000 are eligible to re-apply this year. Previous recipients of Business Grants $20,000 and above are eligible to re-apply three years after receiving their previous grant.
How To Apply
- Review the FY 2022 Supply Chain Impact Grant Pre-application RFA for the complete details on eligible projects/applicants and the full Request For Applications application process.
- Register in WebGrants (may take up to two business days).
- Complete your pre-application in WebGrants using our Application Guide by December 6, 2021.
Key Dates and Deadlines
- October 8, 2021: Request for Pre Applications released for reading and reviewing
- October 22, 2021: Pre-Application Opens for Submission
- December 6, 2021: Pre-Application Deadline
- March 14, 2022: Full Application Deadline
- Early May 2022: Applicants notified of funding decisions
- Late May 2022: Grantee documentation due
- June 2022: Estimated Project Start Date
- The Stages of Business Development
- Working Lands Organizational Plan
- Vermont Agriculture and Food Systems Strategic Plan
- Business Plan Template
Lynn Ellen Schimoler
WebGrants Technical Assistance