- *New name*: Capital projects are a high priority for businesses and the rising costs of materials and labor has affected businesses. The Business Enhancement grant funds the same eligible projects as the former Standard Business grant, but with a higher maximum allowable award to account for inflation and rising costs.
- Award amounts $20,000 - $35,000: *New funding range, was previously $10,000-25,000*
- Project types:
- Market development
- Research and development
- Infrastructure development
- Energy focused projects
- Workforce training and development
- All enterprises must be based in Vermont and registered with the Secretary of State
- Applicants must be in compliance with all state regulations (i.e. water quality, taxes) and in good standing with the State of Vermont
- Previous Working Lands Standard Business and COVID-19 Response Business Development grantees are eligible to re-apply for funding during Fiscal Year 2023. Previous Working Lands Supply Chain Impact, Market Level Infrastructure Impact, or Meat Slaughter and Processing Development Grants are eligible to apply for further Working Lands funding after three years, meaning that Fiscal Year 2020 and earlier grantees are eligible to apply this year.
- Primary producers looking for larger dollar amount grants may also be eligible to apply for the ARPA-Funded Primary Producer Impact Grant
How to Apply
Review the full Request for Applications for the complete details on eligible projects/applicants and the full application process.
- Register in WebGrants (may take up to two business days).
- Visit the Working Lands application frequently asked questions for resources and to get support on your application.
- Complete your application in WebGrants using our Application Guide between September 23 and October 28, 2022.
Key Dates and Deadlines
- September 9, 2022: Request for Applications (RFA) released
- September 15, 2022: Applicant webinar with Q&A from 12-1pm. Watch the recording here and view the slides here.
- September 23, 2022: Application opens for submission
- October 28, 2022: Application deadline
- Early January 2023: Applicants notified of funding decisions
- Late January 2023: Grantee documentation due
- February 2023: Estimated project start date