Award amounts $10,000 - $20,000
Vermont-based nonprofit producer association groups that represent and promote Vermont agriculture, food, beverage, forest, or fiber products are welcome to apply for:
- Market development, marketing plans, and sales
- Ability to identify appropriate markets, brand and sell products, value proposition, product differentiation, market research, including research and design;
- Leadership and organizational development: business structure, business technical assistance, onboarding and/or transitions for new executive directors and post succession;
- Governance: Board training and capacity, building/refreshing by-laws, committee work, strategic planning process activities
- Business research and development; business and financial planning
- All enterprises must be based in Vermont and registered with the Secretary of State
- All organizational structures are eligible:
- Sole proprietorships
- Limited Liability Corporations
- Non-profits involved in the support of the production of agriculture and/or forest products
- Applicants must be in compliance with all state regulations (i.e. water quality, taxes) and in good standing with the State of Vermont
- Producer associations that have previously applied for and/or received funds from a Working Lands Producer Association Grant or Service Provider Grant are eligible to re-apply for funding during Fiscal Year 2023. Previous grantees who are applying again must explain how this project builds on previous work or is a separate project, as well as report on the results of previously funded projects and demonstrate how continued funding will be used to grow or improve the program.
How To Apply
- Review the full Request for Applications for the complete details on eligible projects/applicants and the full application process.
- Register in WebGrants (may take up to two business days).
- Visit the Working Lands application frequently asked questions for resources and to get support on your application. The applicant webinar is also available to view for an overview of the application process.
- Complete your application in WebGrants using our Application Guide between August 12 and September 23, 2022.
Key Dates and Deadlines
- July 29, 2022: Request for Applications (RFA) released
- August 12, 2022: Application Opens for Submission
- September 23, 2022: Application Deadline
- Late October 2022: Applicants notified of funding decisions
- November 2022: Grantee documentation due
- December 2022/January 2023: Estimated Project Start Date
WebGrants Technical Assistance