Award amounts $10,000 - $25,000
- Vermont-based nonprofit producer association groups that represent and promote Vermont agriculture, food, beverage, forest, or fiber products are welcome to apply for:
- Market development, marketing plans, and sales
- Ability to identify appropriate markets, brand and sell products, value proposition, product differentiation, market research, including research and design;
- Leadership and organizational development: business structure, business technical assistance, onboarding and/or transitions for new executive directors and post succession;
- Governance: Board training and capacity, building/refreshing by-laws, committee work, strategic planning process activities
- Business research and development; business and financial planning
- All enterprises must be based in Vermont and registered with the Secretary of State
- All organizational structures are eligible:
- Sole proprietorships
- Limited Liability Corporations
- Non-profits involved in the support of the production of agriculture and/or forest products
- Applicants must be in compliance with all state regulations (i.e. water quality, taxes) and in good standing with the State of Vermont
- Producer associations that have previously applied for and/or received funds from a Working Lands Producer Association Grant or Service Provider Grant are eligible to re-apply for funding during Fiscal Year 2024. Previous grantees who are applying again must explain how this project builds on previous work or is a separate project, as well as report on the results of previously funded projects and demonstrate how continued funding will be used to grow or improve the program.
How To Apply
- Review the full Request for Applications for the complete details on eligible projects/applicants and the full application process.
- Register in WebGrants (may take up to two business days).
- Visit the Working Lands application frequently asked questions for resources and to get support on your application.
- Complete your application in WebGrants using our Application Guide.
Key Dates and Deadlines
- September 6, 2023: Request for Applications (RFA) released and application opens for submission
- September 13, 2023: Applicant webinar and Q&A. Watch the recording and view the slides.
- October 16, 2023: Application deadline
- December 2023: Applicants notified of funding decisions
- January 2024: Grantee documentation due
- January 2024: Estimated project start date
WebGrants Technical Assistance