Award amounts $10,000 - $20,000
Vermont-based nonprofit producer association groups that represent and promote Vermont agriculture, food, beverage, forest, or fiber products are welcome to apply for:
- Market development, marketing plans, and sales
- Ability to identify appropriate markets, brand and sell products, value proposition, product differentiation, market research, including research and design;
- Leadership and organizational development: business structure, business technical assistance, onboarding and/or transitions for new executive directors and post succession;
- Governance: Board training and capacity, building/refreshing by-laws, committee work, strategic planning process activities
- Business research and development; business and financial planning
- All enterprises must be based in Vermont and registered with the Secretary of State
- All organizational structures are eligible:
- Sole proprietorships
- Limited Liability Corporations
- Non-profits involved in the support of the production of agriculture and/or forest products
- Applicants must be in compliance with all state regulations (i.e. water quality, taxes) and in good standing with the State of Vermont
- Previous recipients of Working Lands Business Grants under $20,000 are eligible to re-apply this year. Previous recipients of Business Grants $20,000 and above are eligible to re-apply three years after receiving their previous grant.
How To Apply
- Review the full Request for Applications for the complete details on eligible projects/applicants and the full application process.
- Register in WebGrants (may take up to two business days).
- Visit the Working Lands application frequently asked questions for resources and to get support on your application.
- Complete your application in WebGrants using our Application Guide between August 12 and September 23, 2022.
Key Dates and Deadlines
- July 29, 2022: Request for Applications (RFA) released
- August 12, 2022: Application Opens for Submission
- September 23, 2022: Application Deadline
- Late October 2022: Applicants notified of funding decisions
- November 2022: Grantee documentation due
- December 2022/January 2023: Estimated Project Start Date
WebGrants Technical Assistance