Producer Association Grants are currently closed for applications. Check back in fall 2022 for the next round of funding!
Award amounts $10,000 - $20,000
Vermont-based nonprofit producer association groups that represent and promote Vermont agriculture, food, beverage, forest, or fiber products are welcome to apply for:
- Market development, marketing plans, and sales
- Ability to identify appropriate markets, brand and sell products, value proposition, product differentiation, market research, including research and design;
- Leadership and organizational development: business structure, business technical assistance, onboarding and/or transitions for new executive directors and post succession;
- Governance: Board training and capacity, building/refreshing by-laws, committee work, strategic planning process activities
- Business research and development; business and financial planning
- All enterprises must be based in Vermont and registered with the Secretary of State
- All organizational structures are eligible:
- Sole proprietorships
- Limited Liability Corporations
- Non-profits involved in the support of the production of agriculture and/or forest products
- Applicants must be in compliance with all state regulations (i.e. water quality, taxes) and in good standing with the State of Vermont
- Previous recipients of Working Lands Business Grants under $20,000 are eligible to re-apply this year. Previous recipients of Business Grants $20,000 and above are eligible to re-apply three years after receiving their previous grant.
How To Apply
- Review the full Request for Applications for the complete details on eligible projects/applicants and the full application process.
- Register in WebGrants (may take up to two business days).
- Complete your application in WebGrants using our Application Guide by November 1, 2021.
Key Dates and Deadlines
- September 10, 2021: Request for Applications (RFA) released
- September 21, 2021: Application Opens for Submission
- November 1, 2021: Application Deadline
- Early January 2022: Applicants notified of funding decisions
- Late January 2022: Grantee documentation due
- February 2022: Estimated Project Start Date
- The Stages of Business Development
- Working Lands Organizational Plan
- Vermont Agriculture and Food Systems Strategic Plan
- Business Plan Template
Lynn Ellen Schimoler
WebGrants Technical Assistance