Service Provider Grant projects will include the provision of direct and indirect services to support the development of Vermont-based working lands businesses through technical assistance and other forms of support, which may cover topic(s) such as:
- Market development, marketing plans, and sales;
- Business and financial planning;
- Business responses to COVID-19;
- Enterprise transitions for next generation business owners and post succession;
- Access to capital;
- Manufacturing efficiencies or process flow;
- Business research and development
- Workforce development, professional engagement training;
- Import substitution, assistance to businesses emphasizing or exploring Vermont production to fill in or address gaps (packaging, ingredients, etc.) along forest and agriculture supply chains.
For further context about the history of service providers and the Working Lands Enterprise Initiative, please see the Working Lands Enterprise Initiative Service Provider Educational Paper.
The primary applicant must be headquartered in Vermont and registered with the Secretary of State at the time of full application submission.
Working Lands Service Provider grantees are eligible to receive funds more than once. Priority will be given to service provider organizations that are not currently implementing WLEF funded projects or scopes of work. Applicants who have received Working Lands grants in the past must measure and report on the results of previously funded projects and demonstrate how continued funding will be used to grow or improve the program. Services must be provided to a new cohort of businesses for each funding period year.
How to Apply
- Review the full FY 2022 WLEI Service Provider Grant RFA (request for applications) for the complete details on eligible projects/applicants and the full application process.
- Register in WebGrants (may take up to two business days).
- Complete your application in WebGrants using our Application Guide by September 27, 2021 at 11:59 PM.
Key Dates and Deadlines
|August 6, 2021||Request for Applications (RFA) released|
August 13, 2021
|Application Opens for Submission|
|August 23, 2021
12:00 PM – 1:00 PM
Webinar: How To Apply for a Working Lands Enterprise Initiative Grant
Join online at Working Lands Application Webinar or by phone dialing 1 802-552-8456,,206640952#
September 27, 2021
|End of October 2021||Applicants notified of funding decisions|
|End of December 2021||Estimated Project Start Date|