UPDATED RFP: Deadline Extended: Building Executive Business Skills for Food, Farm, Forest and Wood Products Enterprises
The Working Lands Enterprise Initiative has developed a new Executive Business Skills Pilot Project that allows pre-qualified vendors, non-profit organizations or for-profit organizations (hereafter referred to as applicants) to apply for contracts in a specific service area, identified by the Working Lands Enterprise Board (WLEB). The primary service area for FY2020 proposals is: Building Executive Business Skills in Working Lands businesses that existing programs and providers have previously struggled to reach.
- Financial literacy: strong record-keeping, ability to develop and understand financial statements, decision-making based on financial data, development of key financial performance indicators, cash management strategies and strong accounting practices,
- Marketing & sales: ability to identify appropriate markets, brand and sell products, value proposition, product differentiation and perform or access market research
- Management & HR: organizational structure, management structure, internal and external teams, human resources, job descriptions, providing benefits, recruiting & retaining employees
- Operations: with focus on key performance indicators,
- Regulatory: regulations including worker’s compensation, labor and wage & hour laws, permitting,
- Exit/succession: planning for eventual exit and/or succession of business and/or land and assets
UPDATED: Proposals are due on or before the end of business day (5pm) on May 15th, 2020. Proposals can be sent to Lynn Ellen Schimoler, Working Lands Enterprise Initiative Program Manager, in a single .pdf file to LynnEllen.Schimoler@vermont.gov . Proposals will be reviewed in May and June of 2020 by the Working Lands Enterprise Board. Pilot project decisions will be communicated by June 5th, 2020.