Working Lands Enterprise Board (WLEB) and Forestry
The Working Lands Enterprise Board is dedicated to supporting Vermont's forest and wood products sector. Through granting decisions and the work of the Forestry sub-committee, the WLEB is constantly working to support this important area of our working landscape.
Over five years of granting, the WLEB has invested $899,110 in 30 forest businesses, and $885,997 in forestry-related service provider grants.
Forest & Wood Products Directory Asset Map
A visual locator of forest and wood products in the state of Vermont. View the Asset Map
Forest Sector Systems Analysis & Documents
A project conducted by St. Albans-based Yellowood Associates that brought together hundreds of industry members across the state who contributed their thoughts and expertise to this project.
Working Lands Forestry Sub-Committee Members
- Kathleen Wanner, Chair
- Joe Nelson, Consulting Forester
- Michael Snyder, Commisioner, VT Dept. of Forests, Parks & Recreation
- Sam Lincoln, Deputy Commissioner of VT Dept of Forests, Parks & Recreation
- Paul Frederick, VT Dept. of Forests, Parks & Recreation
- Ken Gagnon, Gagnon Lumber
- Ian Hartman, VHCB Farm & Forest Viability
- Christine McGowan, Vermont Sustainable Jobs Fund
- Matt Langlais, VT Dept. of Forests, Parks & Recreation
- Lynn Ellen Schimoler, VT Dept of Agriculture, Food & Markets
- Diana Ferguson, VT Dept. of Agriculture, Food & Markets
More reports and information are available on our Reading Resources page
Photo Credit: Emma Marvin