- Award amounts: $75,000 - $250,000
- Project focus areas:
- Makes significant process and/or infrastructure improvements for medium to large scale production, processing, or distribution enterprises in the forestry, wood products, or value-added ag and food sector;
- Scale of the primary product being brought into supply chain has ability to strengthen the industry, address the sector on a market-wide scale, and/or address a market downturn;
- The technology or approach is innovative and will lead to new opportunities for multiple businesses and/or increases the scale of the enterprise in a way that enables it to meet growing demand or other market need.
- All enterprises must be based in Vermont and registered with the Secretary of State
- All organizational structures are eligible:
- Sole proprietorships
- Limited Liability Corporations
- Non-profits involved in the support of the production of agriculture and/or forest products
- Applicants must be in compliance with all state regulations (i.e. water quality, taxes) and in good standing with the State of Vermont
- Previous recipients of Working Lands Business Grants under $20,000 are eligible to re-apply this year. Previous recipients of Business Grants $20,000 and above are eligible to re-apply three years after receiving their previous grant.
How To Apply
- Review the full FY 2022 Market Level Infrastructure Impact Grant RFA (request for applications) for the complete details on eligible projects/applicants and the full application process. – RFA Coming Soon! See timeline below.
- Register in WebGrants (may take up to two business days).
- Complete your pre-application in WebGrants using our Application Guide by December 6, 2021.
Key Dates and Deadlines
- October 8, 2021: Request for Applications (RFA) released
- October 22, 2021: Pre-Application Opens for Submission
- December 6, 2021: Pre-Application Deadline
- March 14, 2022: Full Application Deadline
- Early May 2022: Applicants Notified of Funding Decisions
- Late May 2022: Grantee Documentation Due
- June 2022: Estimated Project Start Date
- The Stages of Business Development
- Working Lands Organizational Plan
- Vermont Agriculture and Food Systems Strategic Plan
- Business Plan Template
Lynn Ellen Schimoler
WebGrants Technical Assistance