Service Provider Grant Recipients
Service Provider grants were available this year to technical assistance providers across the state ranging from $20,000 - $75,000. The board received 23 letters of intent with $923,000 in total requested funds. Eight service provider grants were awarded to four agriculture, and four forestry related projects, totaling $274,720. The service provider grantees leveraged an additional $700,000 in matching funds, with a median match of $41,384 per service provider.
4 Agriculture Grant Recipients
· Northeast Organic Farming Association of Vermont : $27,222 for strengthening and growing the Vermont organic dairy industry.
· Intervale Center : $19,940 to improve farmland access services for Vermont farmers.
Rutland County Impact
· Rutland Area Farm and Food Link, Inc : $17,558 for increasing farm success through operational efficiency improvements.
Windham County Impact
· Strolling of the Heifers : $40,000 for the Windham Grows Business Hatchery.
4 Forestry Grant Recipients
· Vermont Wood Manufacturers Association : $50,000 for innovation assistance to wood manufacturers.
· Vermont Housing & Conservation Board : $75,000 for advancing the forestry sector through entrepreneurialism and innovation.
· Vermont Sustainable Jobs Fund : $20,000 for forest products value chain investment strategy.
· Renewable Energy Vermont : $25,000 for a roadmap to achieve 35% of Vermont’s thermal heating needs by 2030 through the expanded use of advanced wood heat.