Business Investment Grant Recipients
Business Investments are one of two focus areas of the Working Lands Enterprise Initiative, with grants ranging from $5,000 - $50,000 for new and growing agriculture, forestry, and forest products enterprises. The Business Investment area received 92 applications with a total request of $2.4 million in funds. Twelve businesses were awarded over $334,000, and leveraged over $1.7 million in matching funds with a median match of $30,000 per business.
8 Agriculture Grant Recipients
· Lynd Farm, So. Walden : $16,250 for developing their sow farrowing business.
· Molly Brook Farm, West Danville : $20,000 for an organic transition.
· Burnt Rock Farm, Huntington : $20,000 for a storage barn expansion to capture growth in existing wholesale vegetable markets.
· Root 5 Farm, Fairlee : $20,000 for an on-farm processing kitchen, pack house and crop storage renovations.
· Tangletown Farm, West Glover : $15,000 for increasing and improving infrastructure for pastured laying hens and egg production.
· Vermont Bean Crafters, Warren: $50,000 for growing the Northeastern staple-foodshed with dry beans.
· Wicked Bines/Whitefield Hop Yard, Berlin : $30,000 for a hops harvester and storage.
· Calderwood Goat Dairy, Royalton : $13,000 to begin goat dairy.
4 Forestry Grant Recipients
· The Tree House Hardwoods & Millshop, South Burlington : $29,975.33 for infrastructure to increase safety and efficiency.
· Kingdom Pellets, East Burke : $50,000 for construction of 30,000 ton super-premium softwood pellet mill.
· Southwind Forestry, Pawlet : $20,000 for an excavator for sustainable forest products.
· Renewable Fuels of Vermont, West Windsor : $50,000 for a wood pellet mill finish dryer.